Born and raised in Bangkok Thailand, Chan Hemintranont (E-RYT 500, YACEP, AHP) moved to the United States in 2001 to study for her MBA at Case Western Reserve University receiving her degree in 2003. In 2010, Chan called on her background in finance and accounting to start PAI Yoga and Fitness studio in Dublin Ohio. For 7 years, while owning PAI, her goal was, and still is, to share her enthusiasm for active pursuits, a healthy lifestyle, and to be part of her students’ life journey. Her passion in sharing her experience and knowledge was evident in the growing members of the PAI community. During her time at PAI, she was voted one of the best yoga teachers in Columbus. She also led an international yoga retreat in Thailand and co-led many 200-hour yoga teacher training certifications.
Through her yoga teaching, she has witnessed in her students the struggles of overwhelming diet fads and trends, chronic physical conditions, and mental frustrations. She also had a diet battle on her own experimenting with multiple Master Cleanses, vegetarian/vegan lifestyles, gluten-free, and intermittent-fasting diets, leaving her with deprivation, anemia, hypothyroidism, and weight gain. Coupled with being a perpetual student of life and her love of food and cooking took on a new meaning. She became more interested in learning how food affects our bodies, how it contributes to disease, and most importantly, how we could use food to fight or prevent disease. She truly believes that food as medicine is the best approach to deal with common health conditions.
She completed her certifications in both Ayurvedic Health Counselor and Clinical Ayurveda Specialist from California College of Ayurveda in 2019. In addition, she is on her way to become a Certified Nutritional Therapy Specialist through Karta Purkh Singh Khalsa, Yogaraj (Ayurveda), one of the foremost natural healing experts in North America. Her deepest desire to share this ancient wisdom and make living Ayurveda accessible to everyone lead to her next creation, Chan’s Healing Foods.
Chan’s Healing Foods was founded on the premise that Living Ayurveda is Easy. She teaches, guides, and provides tools to help her clients Eat and Live in ways that help them achieve the sustainable results they have been looking for. Chan is passionate about helping her clients live more consciously with the diet right for each person and lifestyle, as this is truly the essence of disease prevention and a key to a healthy life and longevity.
“The doctor of the future will give no medication, but will interest his patients
in the care of the human frame, diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.”
- Thomas Edison
Yoga Alliance 500
Yoga Alliance YACEP
- Certified Nutritional Therapy Specialist (candidate), International Integrative Educational Institute
- Completed the certification of Clinical Ayurveda Specialist, California College of Ayurveda (2020)
- Completed the certification of Ayurvedic Health Counselor, California College of Ayurveda (2019)
- ServSafe Manager Certification through National Restaurant Association
- Completed the certification of Integrative Yoga for Seniors Professional Training, Duke University (2016)
- YACEP, Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider (2015)
- 100-hour Flying sequence yoga teacher training, Yoga Loft with Michael Gannon, Playa del Carmen, Mexico (2017)
- 300-hour yoga teacher training, Embodied FlowTM with Tara Judelle and Scott Lyons, Bali, Indonesia (2015)
- 200-hour yoga teacher training, Innerbliss yoga studio with Mitchel Bleier and Tammy Lyons, Cleveland, OH (2009)
- Featured in the Columbus CEO magazine, City Scene Dublin Life Magazine, Columbus Alive, and WBNS FM 97.1
- Featured in 11th Athletics as one of the Best Yoga Teachers in Columbus, OH in 2013.
- Former co-founder and co-owner of PAI Yoga and Fitness (Columbus, OH) founded in 2010
- MBA, Case Western Reserve University, class of 2003